JOIN OUR CARE OF CREATION BRIEFINGS ON ZOOM!
EVERY MONDAY LUNCHTIME, 1.00-1.45PM
For the Zoom link, more details, or to be added to the Care of Creation mailing list please email Colette Joyce, Westminster Justice and Peace Co-ordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
or call her on 07593 434 905
- 13 July – 1st November – YCCN Relay Young Christian Climate Network walking from the G7 in Cornwall to COP26 in Glasgow for climate justice. Support needed includes additional walkers (one day or more) and people to meet & greet along the route. Walkers can be any age. All the organisers are 18-30! For further details and to sign up: YCCN Relay
- 5 September – 1st November – Camino To COP. Walking pilgrimage from London to Glasgow to lobby world leaders meeting about the need for serious action to address the global climate and ecological emergency. Organised by Extinction Rebellion Faith Bridge. Camino to COP
- 11-24 October – UN Biodiversity Summit Kunming, China. 15th Meeting. Convention on Biological Diversity
- 15-18 October – Living Laudato Si’ Retreat Online from Boarbank Hall. Includes talks from Bishop Alan Williams and Bishop Mark O’Toole. Voluntary donation. No fee for weekend. Members of the Dioceses of Brentwood and Plymouth are especially encouraged to attend.
To apply, simply email Sr Margaret Atkins on email@example.com
- 17-18 October – Faiths 4 Climate Justice: A Global Multi-Religious Action. https://greenfaith.org/faiths4climatejustice/
- 23 October – Pre-COP Vigil, Anglican Southwark Cathedral, 2.00-3.45pm. You are encouraged to make a pilgrimage on foot, by bike, by public transport, however you wish, from your place of worship – perhaps in a group – to Southwark Cathedral, London Bridge, SE1 9DA, arriving between 2 – 3pm. Bring a Letter for Creation to pass on to the faith leaders involved in COP. There will be interactive prayer stations from 2pm. At 3.20 we will come together for a time of prayer and reflection with singer Samantha Lindo and St Leonard’s Eco Church Community, ending with a blessing by the Bishop of Kingston. Register to attend in person:
or Option to watch on livestream here
- 1-12 November UN Climate Conference COP 26 in Glasgow UK COP26
- 1 November – 6pm (after 5.30pm Mass). Candle-lit Procession from Westminster Cathedral to Farm Street Church to pray for success of COP26. Organised by London Jesuit Centre, Jesuit Missions and Westminster Justice & Peace. Bring a candle you can carry safely. Sign up: https://londonjesuitcentre.org/cop-26-candle-lit-procession
- 3-6 November – Jesuit Missions Pilgrimage Edinburgh to Glasgow. From Sacred Heart Church, Edinburgh, to SEC Centre, Glasgow. For 18-35s. Pilgrimage Chaplain – Fr Nick King SJ https://jesuitmissions.org.uk/cop-26-pilgrimage/
- 6 November – Global Day of Climate Action https://cop26coalition.org/
- 6 November 11am – London Rally for Climate Action. Meet at St Mary Moorfields Church, 4-5 Eldon Street, London EC2M 7LS, where we will gather with CAFOD supporters before we join the main march outside the Bank of England. Wear a CAFOD T-shirt or something green! Bring a banner. Register to receive updates: https://cafod.org.uk/News/Events/COP26-Day-of-Action-2021
- 14 November – Launch of the Laudato Si’ Platform on of the World Day of the Poor. https://laudatosiactionplatform.org/
- 20 November – RC Diocese of Southwark Justice and Peace Commission Autumn Assembly: ‘COP26: What next?’ Corpus Christi Catholic Church, Brixton Hill, London, SW2 5BJ. What can we do that we aren’t doing now in response to care for the earth, care for the poor, care for a fairer economy? Entrance free. Everyone welcome. Please bring a packed lunch. Tea and coffee will be provided. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.