On Wednesday 22 April, the world will observe International Earth Day.
Leela Ramdeen writes:
Here are some things we can do to demonstrate our love for our earth:
1. Develop an environmental spirituality.
2. Assess our lifestyle and consumption. Practice these four ‘Rs’ for sustainable living: Reuse, recycle, reduce, restore.
3. Prevent pollution, reduce our carbon footprint, and become advocates for God’s Creation.
4. Promote sound environmental management practices e.g. energy efficiency, water conservation, waste avoidance, composting, using environmentally responsible products, and car-pooling.
5. Enjoy nature and live in harmony with it.
Full article in Independent Catholic News
Leela Ramdeen is Chair of the Catholic Commission for Social Justice in the Archdiocese of Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago, (CCSJ) and Director of CREDI