Source: World Fair Trade Organisation
Saturday 14th May is World Fair Trade Day
This year’s theme is “Climate Justice Now #LetsDoItFair”
Climate ambitions must involve people. Like it or not, climate change is happening now and already affecting communities and livelihoods. Tackling the climate crisis is not just an ecological necessity, but also a social justice issue and a matter of survival for the worst affected who are facing extreme weather conditions and perennial calamities.
We need Climate Justice. The aim of Climate Justice is to deliver fair, inclusive and sustainable solutions to people who are suffering the effects of the climate crisis while addressing the root causes of climate change.
10 Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
- Walk, Cycle or Use Public Transport
- Choose Products with Recyclable or Compostable Packaging
- Reduce, Recycle and Reuse
- Invest in Sustainable Clothing
- Home Composting
- Consider your Meat Consumption
- Consume Locally Grown and in Season Food
- Plant Trees
- Choose Organic
- Use Renewable Energy